Saturday, February 23, 2008

Barack Obama the Gentleman Holds Chair for Hillary

As I was watching the democratic debate last Thursday night in Austin, Texas, I was struck by Barack Obama's action when the debate finished. Although this has little to do with persuasion and spinning, I was so struck by it that I wanted to point it out for you.

Barack got up quickly and pulled out the chair for Hillary Clinton as a gentlemen would. I wonder if this is offensive to feminists who are considering voting for Hillary? Consider the images below:




2 comments:

Sandy said...

I didn't watch that particular debate. Saw part of the one from Austin Texas, last night or the night before. I was struck by how similar they are. The feeling on issues are very much in line. Health Care, Financial Matters, Education etc. I couldn't help but think together on one ticket they would be quite an awesome force.

The other similarity of course if the firsts...he's the first Black to Run, and she's the first woman to run. Thats assuming each would in fact run. An exciting time, historically speaking.

Doing some blog walking and found myself here. Looks like we've chose the same background. lol

Stop in for a visit, welcome mats always out.

Have a good wkend.
Sandy

unspun said...

Sandy,

Thanks so much for visiting the blog and commenting. I agree with you about the similarity. In fact, the word "agree" came up numerous times as both candidates seemed uninterested in drawing stark divisions.

--Unspun