Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Obama's Race Speech (Pt. 3) - The Appearence

Perhaps I am reading way to much into the physical appearances of things, but based upon an op-ed Maureen Dowd wrote and my own perception, I think it may not have been a coincidence that Senator Obama wore a gray suit yesterday for his much-anticipated race speech.

I struggled to find a photo where it was clear, but the one below is perhaps the best I could find.


"Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) smiles before speaking during a campaign event at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania March 18, 2008. Obama criticized his preacher for racially charged rhetoric but said he could not disown the man who baptized his children and officiated at his wedding during the speech about race and politics in America.(Tim Shaffer/Reuters)" (source)

No comments: