Friday, April 25, 2008

Obama Looking More "Everyday"

I watched video today from the Obama website of Senator Obama campaigning in Kokomo, Indiana (view). I know Kokomo as my grandparents live there and my dad grew up there. Consequently, I've been there numerous times and have a feeling for the town.

The thing that stood out: Senator Obama is trying to appear everyday and appeal to the white working class people.

  • Senator Obama is not wearing a suit coat. He is appearing everyday. Notice as well that his shirt is rolled up a tad.


"Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks during a town hall-style meeting in Kokomo, Ind., Friday, April 25, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)" (view)

  • Senator Obama played basket ball with people in Kokomo. With a dad who grew up playing basketball in Kokomo, I can tell you that this is a very personal and deep-rooted way to connect with locals.

"Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., arrives for a '3-on-3 Challenge for Change' basketball game at Maple Crest Elementary School in Kokomo, Ind., Friday, April 25, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)" (view)

No comments: