Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Barack Obama in Grand Rapids

Barack Obama came to Grand Rapids, MI today. As someone who is living in the area, I decided I would go and see him. Well, I never expected that the Obama event would be such an astronomically popular event in this conservative bastion.

The rally was scheduled to start at 7pm EST. I showed up moments before 6pm and the doors were already closed and the arena was filled and closed by the fire marshal. Moreover, thousands of people stood outside waiting for the possibility to get into the overflow room. (see below)






As I left the arena disappointed, I called a friend of mine who said he was going to show up early. He made it inside and had a spot toward the front. The catch--he showed up at 2:3opm and the doors opened at 5pm.

No comments: